Tuesday, February 12, 2008

One of my more enjoyable years...

hi all!
This Lunar New Year was a good one for me ....not sure about you guys...but somehow I enjoyed myself a lot more this year....

Somehow i can't put a finger to a reason for it...Could be because this is the 2nd straight year my brother is back for CNY visitation with us...could be because it was a straight 4 -day break...could be because I had a chance to see almost all of my other half's extended family this year....could be because i had visitations almost everday for the 1st 4 days....could be just because everybody was in a happy mood ;) *shrug*

Anyway, after hearing that about 1.5M singaporeans travelled out of Singapore this year over the festive period, I was wondering to myself if i would ever want to travel out of town during CNY...i guess the years of tradition of visiting almost every single relative's home has passed down to my generation really effectively...so staying in Singapore during CNY is almost like an obvious thing to do...it's something I am realy thankful for....and something that I definitely want my next generation to experience.....

For those of you who might not have the same privilege, i'm sure it's never too late to start a tradition in our future families :)
~Roller

No comments: